Kill Bill Stripe demo
Ruby 2.1+ or JRuby 1.7.20+ is recommended. If you don’t have a Ruby installation yet, use RVM:
gpg --keyserver hkp://keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 409B6B1796C275462A1703113804BB82D39DC0E3 \curl -sSL https://get.rvm.io | bash -s stable --ruby
After following the post-installation instructions, you should have access to the ruby and gem executables.
Install the dependencies by running in this folder:
gem install bundler bundle install
This also assumes:
- Kill Bill is already setup
- The default tenant (bob/lazar) has been created
- The Stripe plugin is installed and configured
To run the app:
PUBLISHABLE_KEY=<YOUR_PUBLISHABLE_STRIPE_KEY> ruby app.rb
or if you are using Docker:
KB_URL='http://192.168.99.100:8080' PUBLISHABLE_KEY=<YOUR_PUBLISHABLE_STRIPE_KEY> ruby app.rb
Then go to http://localhost:4567/ where you should see the Stripe checkout button.
Enter dummy data (4111111111111111 as the credit card number, any three digit CVC and any expiry date in the future work) and complete the checkout process.
- Tokenize the card in Stripe
- Create a new Kill Bill account
- Add a default payment method on this account associated with this token (a customer object is also created in Stripe, so the token can be re-used)
- Create a new subscription for the sports car monthly plan (with a $10 30-days trial)
- Charge the token for $10