Welcome to Art Archive!
I created this app because I collect artwork from my great-grandfather (he was an artist and graphic designer in the 50s-60s in Chicago), as well as pieces I've purchased from travels abroad. I wanted a central repository to easily track the artwork I own as well as its details.
View Deployed Site *This site is not secure and is for demo purposes only. Please use a password that you are not using as a password in the real world.
- Adding new artwork (including image upload to Cloudinary)
- View artwork collection
- View artwork detail
- Edit artwork
- Delete artwork
- Down the road, I would like to create the functionality for users to "follow" other user's specific pieces of artwork. The reason for this is because many of my family members have my great-grandfather's artwork, and we don't know who has what piece(s).
- I would also like to create functionality that would allow users to give authorization to other users to add notes about pieces of artwork. For example, my aunt has a lot of details in her memory about some of the pieces I have from my great-grandfather. I would love for her to add notes to the pieces so I can know more about the history of the piece.
- I am also working on a Django REST API - I will be connecting this frontend app to that API, replacing the json-server.
View your artwork collection
Add new artwork (or edit existing artwork)
View artwork by specific artist
Art Archive is a front-end application built with React, Bootstrap, and Cloudinary to store images. All data is user-generated and stored in a json-server database.
Clone the repo to your computer and run
npm install in the directory
Start the json-server:
cdinto api folder
json-server -p 5001 -w db.json
When you're ready to start the server:
- make sure you are in the root folder (same level as
This will run the app in the development mode.
Open http://localhost:3000 to view it in the browser. Data will be served from the main API hosted online.
This project was bootstrapped with Create React App.