Fix for the vcbuild.exe Node.js npm install error.
###32bit exe (works for 64 bit, but with limitations of 32 bit build)
- Important! this seems to work with many chip architechure, don't be mad if it does not work for yours....with that said it sure beats trying before installing VS, etc.
- To my knowedge the disadvatages of 32 bit would just affect script compile, not affect run performance (maybe someone can speak to that).
- If these files need to be taken down for legal issue, just let me know. I assume not as these files are freely available via the Express Edition of VS 2008.
I got really irritated with the vcbuild.exe issue for Node.JS npm installs. To me I really don’t want old (2005/2008) Visual Studio components in my dev environment…so here you go (just the directory you need).
- Clone, download, whatever these files into a directory.
- Then add the directory as an entry to the PATH environmental variable (Control Panel > Advanced Settings > Environmental Variables ).
Ex.: If you put the vcbuild.exe file here:
C:/Users/Me/Dir; as a new PATH variable.