Kineme DataTools is a Quartz Composer plugin that provides patches for:
- Creating and manipulating structures (
Named Structure Maker)
- Sending data between unconnected patches (
- Evaluating multiple math expressions in one patch (
- Capturing and replaying values, and saving them into the composition (
- Sampling values, and saving them into the composition (
Sample and Hold)
- Converting Quartz Composer data types to and from raw bytes (
Convert To Data,
Convert From Data)
- Outputting a unique number for each instance of the patch (
For more Quartz Composer plugins and compositions, plus community forums, go to kineme.net.
How to get it
Download or clone it from GitHub.
How to install it
- Uninstall Kineme StructureTools, Kineme Value Historian, and Kineme Spooky if they are installed.
- Install the QCPatch Xcode Template, a.k.a. Quartz Composer unofficial API, a.k.a. SkankySDK.
- Build DataTools.xcodeproj. This will create the file ~/Library/Graphics/Quartz Composer Patches/DataTools.plugin.
- Restart Quartz Composer. The patches will show up under the Kineme DataTools category.
How to run the unit tests
- Download GHUnit and place GHUnit.framework in /Library/Frameworks/.
- Set the Active Target to Tests.
- Build and Run.
Kineme DataTools is released under the MIT License.