Sinatra was designed and developed by Blake Mizerany (bmizerany) in California.
Sinatra would not have been possible whithout strong company backing. In the past, financial and emotional support have been provided mainly by Heroku, GitHub and Engine Yard, and is now taken care of by Travis CI.
Special thanks to the following extraordinary individuals, without whom Sinatra would not be possible:
- Ryan Tomayko (rtomayko) for constantly fixing whitespace errors 60d5006
- Ezra Zygmuntowicz (ezmobius) for initial help and letting Blake steal some of merbs internal code.
- Chris Schneider (cschneid) for The Book, the blog, irclogger.com, and a bunch of useful patches.
- Markus Prinz (cypher) for patches over the years, caring about the README, and hanging in there when times were rough.
- Simon Rozet (sr) for a ton of doc patches, HAML options, and all that advocacy stuff he's going to do for 1.0.
- Erik Kastner (kastner) for fixing
MIME_TYPESunder Rack 0.5.
- Ben Bleything (bleything) for caring about HTTP status codes and doc fixes.
- Igal Koshevoy (igal) for root path detection under Thin/Passenger.
- Jon Crosby (jcrosby) for coffee breaks, doc fixes, and just because, man.
- Karel Minarik (karmi) for screaming until the website came back up.
- Jeremy Evans (jeremyevans) for unbreaking optional path params (twice!)
- The GitHub guys for stealing Blake's table.
- Nickolas Means (nmeans) for Sass template support.
- Victor Hugo Borja (vic) for splat'n routes specs and doco.
- Avdi Grimm (avdi) for basic RSpec support.
- Jack Danger Canty for a more accurate root directory and for making me watch this just now.
- Mathew Walker for making escaped paths work with static files.
- Millions of Us for having the problem that led to Sinatra's conception.
- Songbird for the problems that helped Sinatra's future become realized.
- Rick Olson (technoweenie) for the killer plug at RailsConf '08.
- Steven Garcia for the amazing custom artwork you see on 404's and 500's
- Pat Nakajima (nakajima) for fixing non-nested params in nested params Hash's.
- Konstantin Haase (rkh) for his hard work and ongoing commitment to improving Sinatra, for 1.1.0, 1.2.0 and beyond..
- Zachary Scott for adding Konstantin to the AUTHORS file. He also did help writing the book, but mainly for adding Konstantin.
- Gabriel Andretta for having people wonder whether our documentation is actually in English or in Spanish.
- Vasily Polovnyov, Nickolay Schwarz, Luciano Sousa, Wu Jiang, Mickael Riga, Bernhard Essl, Janos Hardi, Kouhei Yanagita and "burningTyger" for willingly translating whatever ends up in the README.
- Wordy for proofreading our README. 73e137d
- cactus for digging through code and specs, multiple times.
- Nicolás Sanguinetti (foca) for strong demand of karma and shaping helpers/register.
And last but not least:
- Frank Sinatra (chairman of the board) for having so much class he deserves a web-framework named after him.