The "pomodoro" technique is very handy in programming, it helps not to dive into "tunneling" and makes your work more pleasure and refreshing.
What is this?
The technique I use can be described in several steps:
- Choose a task and set timer for 25 minutes.
- Start timer and work on the task (we call it "start pomodoro")
- Write a note about your progress done. Stop pomodoro.
- Rest for 3-5 minutes by walking, doing some music, etc.
- After being refreshed and done some gym, repeat step 1.
pomodoro_popup.py -- is a simple Python GTK app, that every 25 minutes raises a popup window reminding you to stop pomodoro and rest.
pygtk >= 2.0, gtk
Just run it by: