Laptop is a set of scripts to get your laptop set up as a development machine.
Mac OS X
First, install GCC for OS X. (requires OS X 10.6 or higher) Then, run this one-liner: bash < <(curl -s https://raw.github.com/kiranatama/laptop/master/mac)
Not maintained anymore
First, install Ubuntu.
Before proceeding, you might want to use sources.list file that use KAMBING.ui.ac.id as mirror
sudo wget -O /etc/apt/sources.list http://bit.ly/nslG4Z sudo apt-get update -y
Then, install Curl
sudo apt-get install curl -y
and finally run this:
wget https://raw.github.com/kiranatama/laptop/master/ubuntu chmod +x ubuntu ./ubuntu
What it sets up
- SSH public keys (for authenticating with services like Github and Heroku)
- Homebrew or apt-get (for managing operating system libraries)
- Ack (for finding things in files)
- Tmux (for saving project state and switching between projects)
- Postgres (for storing relational data)
- Redis (for storing key-value data)
- ImageMagick (for cropping and resizing images)
- RVM (for managing versions of the Ruby programming language)
- Ruby 1.9.2 stable (for writing general-purpose code)
- Bundler gem (for managing Ruby libraries)
- Rails gem (for writing web applications)
- Heroku gem (for interacting with the Heroku API)
- Taps gem (for pushing and pulling SQL databases between environments)
- Postgres gem (for making Ruby talk to SQL databases)
It should take about 30 minutes for everything to install, depending on your machine.
All submissions are welcome. To submit a change, fork this repo, commit your changes, and send us a pull request.