This an music server on Raspeberry pi with Grovepi and Arduino. The server plays music by mpc and can be controlled by either a joystick, a button or gesture. Audio volume can be changed by a slide bar. Power supply is managed by Arduino with a button safely. We don't need to take care of timing of turning on/off Raspi.
- Raspberry Pi3
- Arduino uno
- Pololu Basic SPDT Relay Carrier with 5VDC Relay (Partial Kit)
- SparkFun Logic Level Converter - Bi-Directional
- Heat sink and 5V fan for RasPi CPU
- Grove - LCD RGB Backlight
- Grove - Button
- Grove - Slide Potentiometer
- Grove - Thumb Joystick
- Grove - Gesture V1.0
- Motion detection sensor
Arduino controls power supply of Raspberry pi. arduino/control_power.ino shall be loaded into Arduino.
Communication with Arduino "shutdown_check/shutdown_check.py" shall be run from /etc/rc.local by super user.
Set a playlist as you want
Music server application "audioserver/run.sh" shall be from cron by pi user.
Connect either a speaker or a DAC. I connected a USB DAC. http://akizukidenshi.com/catalog/g/gK-05369/
- Power of the system is supplied by 5V DC. Maximum current should not be less than 2.5A since it will be applied for RasPi3, Arduino and peripherals.
Following is schematic of the server.
This software is released under the MIT License, see LICENSE.
"grove_gesture_sensor.py" is Copyright (C) 2017 Dexter Industries