Helix is part of the Apache Software Foundation.
Mailing list: http://helix.apache.org/mail-lists.html
mvn clean install package -DskipTests
What is Helix?
Helix is a generic cluster management framework used for automatic management of partitioned, replicated and distributed resources hosted on a cluster of nodes. Helix provides the following features:
- Automatic assignment of resource/partition to nodes
- Node failure detection and recovery
- Dynamic addition of Resources
- Dynamic addition of nodes to the cluster
- Pluggable distributed state machine to manage the state of a resource via state transitions
- Automatic load balancing and throttling of transitions
Building the Website
To deploy the web site to Apache infrastructure: sh website/deploySite.sh -Dusername=uid -Dpassword=pwd (-DskipTests if you don't want to run units tests) uid is your asf id, pwd is the password