Static HTML file browser for Dropbox
Screenshot about output
About the program
This program can generate html files to every directory in your Dropbox/Public folder (or any other shared folder) and makes it possible to navigate online between these directories when it looks like an output of apache web server.
- Dropbox account. If you don't have one, you can register here: https://db.tt/3La8trR
- Linux (or Windows, but I can't give you any help how to use this program under Windows)
- Python 2.7 interpreter (3.0 or newer versions may not work)
- The following modules must be installed:
- Before starting the program, please edit the config.py with your favourite text editor. Setting up takes less than 30 seconds if you read the comments in config.py
- Now start program.py with -h or --help command line argument. There will be a short info about it.
python program.py --help
- Use "program.py --install location" command, and it will copy "icons" directory to the specified directory.
python program.py --install ~/Dropbox/Public/
- Start the program with a location command line argument, which is the path of the Public folder of your Dropbox directory.
python program.py ~/Dropbox/Public/
- Try it out! Share the link of the index.html file which is in the root directory of Dropbox/Public folder. You can open it with a webbrowser or you can share it on the internet.