Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to the Circuit-Sword wiki! This wiki provides all documentation for the Circuit Sword projects. If you have a product named something else (e.g. Super AIO, SAIO, Super All in One, etc) then this isn't the wiki for you. If you have a Circuit Sword then keep reading!
Available to pre-order here: https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6884
PRE-ORDER SIGN UP NOTIFICATION: https://goo.gl/forms/e97uUvPOfUxPWdz82
Follow me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/kiteretro
Like my work? Why not buy me a coffee: http://ko-fi.com/kiteretro
What is the Circuit Sword?
The Circuit Sword is a single circuit board that contains all the required power/logic/io/peripherals to run a Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3. This makes the Circuit Sword a single board computer capable of running any software designed for the Raspberry Pi. It includes special components designed for portability and ease of use, and so features battery charging and power/shutdown management as well as button input, LCD and audio output. The Circuit Sword is a perfect fit for retro handheld console form factors and they can provide a safe and secure enclosure for the board.
The Circuit Sword
- Mini HDMI out with display cloning
- Audio adjustable with MODE + UP/DOWN button combo
- Built in Wifi (BT 4.0 included on board but not tested)
- Single FPC between front and back halves of case (much easier to close/assemble/test)
- USB C connector (easier to cut hole for, higher charge rates)
- Battery connector accessible in battery bay
- 1.5A Charger with better thermal relief
- More powerful 'load balancing' when switching between USB and Battery power
- ALL components moved to the back side
- USB HUB, Arduino ATMEGA32u4 for input, external USB port
- Many more subtle improvements
What can it do?
The Circuit Sword is a miniature single board computer and various software packages can be loaded and run on it. For example raspbian or retropie distributions are good use cases.
Where do I get one?
The Circuit Sword is pre-order only, and the pre-order window is opened regularly. The best way to get a notification on when/where it is available is to enter your email address here: https://goo.gl/forms/e97uUvPOfUxPWdz82
You can find more information about the previous pre-order here: https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4351
Here are the generalised steps to follow: