Pakku is a pacman wrapper with additional features, such as AUR support. Stable release is available in AUR.
There are dozens of AUR helpers, but all of them have a fatal flaw: I didn't write them! So I made another useless AUR helper. Say hello to stillborn AUR helper written in stillborn programming language!
Basically, pakku supports the following features:
- Installing packages from AUR
- Viewing files and changes between builds
- Building packages from official repositories
- Removing make dependencies after building
- Searching and querying AUR packages
- Reading comments for AUR packages
- PKGBUILD retrieving
- Pacman integration
In other words, it does the same things any AUR helper capable of.
The following principles were the basis of the program:
- Pacman-like user interface
- Pacman options support (
- Pacman configuration support (output settings, ignored packages, etc)
- Download, ask all questions, and only after that start building
- No PKGBUILD sourcing
- Build packages from sources:
pakku -S --build linux linux-headers
- Query all "dependency islands":