Berkelium extension for Kivy
Berkelium is a BSD licensed library for offscreen rendering via Chromium project. Check http://berkelium.org/ for more information about it. We are using a patched version of Berkelium, available at https://github.com/tito/berkelium (branch chromium8-alternate-bin)
- This extension require Kivy 1.0.7 minimum !
- This extension is under development. It's currently working and tested only for Linux 64 bits.
- MacOSX can't be supported at the moment, since Kivy require Python 64bits, and Chromium can't be built under 64bits on MacOSX.
How to install
- Download .kex https://github.com/kivy/kivy-berkelium/archives/master
- Copy the .kex to ~/.kivy/extensions
How to test
- Download https://github.com/kivy/kivy-berkelium/raw/master/demo/main.py
- Run with "python main.py"
How to recompile
This method have been tested only on Linux (Ubuntu 11.10 and 12.04) 64bits.
- sudo apt-get install binutils-gold chrpath git-core cython python-dev
- git clone git://github.com/sirikata/berkelium
- cd berkelium
- git checkout chromium11
- util/build-chromium.sh --deps --force
- cmake . -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
- git submodule update --init --recursive
- git clone git://github.com/kivy/kivy-berkelium
- cd kivy-berkelium
- mv dist/berkelium-1.3.linux-x86_64.zip dist/berkelium-1.3.linux-x86_64.kex
And you can copy the berkelium-1.3.linux-x86_64.kex into your ~/.kivy/extensions