SheetMetal is useful if you want to use google sheets as a drop-in replacement for a database, without having to deploy your own server to communicate with it. SheetMetal connects to any Google Sheet via OAuth and provides an easy-to-use Restful API.
In the past I have used Sheetsu and I am a big fan. However they significantly increased their prices and have started adding a lot of functionality which I just don't need. I respect that they are trying to build an enterprise around their product, but for the small amount of functionality I need I can't justify paying $33 / month. So I developed SheetMetal to provide the same functionality and I pledge to keep the following promises:
- It will always be opensource so you can self-host.
- After I have built a robust number of features and the product is stable, I will stop. No additional bloat, just the core functionality that is useful.
- I will not raise the price above $5 / month to make it widely accessible (unless I find that the hosting/API is costing more).
- I will not provide personalised customer support, even if you are paying $5 - I can't justify the time at that price. However if there are any bugs or serious problems then I will definitely fix them.
- Fork this repo
- Clone it to your computer
mv .env.example .env
.envand fill it with your relevant details
npm run dev