GitHub App integration for Kiwi TCMS
This package provides the GitHub App integration for Kiwi TCMS and is designed to work only for multi-tenant environments. You don't need this add-on in order to run Kiwi TCMS without extended GitHub integration!
Communication from GitHub to this add-on is via webhooks.
- Auto-configure which tenant to use for database operations, either 'public' or a single private tenant to which user has access.
- If unable to auto-configure display warning and redirect to configuration page once the GitHub account who installed this integration onto their GitHub repository logs into Kiwi TCMS
- Existing & newly created repositories are added as products in Kiwi TCMS. Fork repositories are skipped
- Newly created git tags are added as product versions in Kiwi TCMS
- 1-click bug reports to GitHub Issues
Vote for other ideas:
- When TE is updated then post status to pull request. See Issue #9
- When opening PR then create a new TR. See Issue #10
- When opening PR then auto-scan with kiwitcms-bot. See Issue #11
- When new Tag/Release then perform artifact testing. See Issue #12
- Auto-configure bug tracker for new product/repository. See Issue #15
pip install kiwitcms-github-app
inside Kiwi TCMS's docker image and make sure the following settings are configured:
MIDDLEWARE.append('tcms_github_app.middleware.CheckGitHubAppMiddleware') PUBLIC_VIEWS.append('tcms_github_app.views.WebHook') AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS = [ 'tcms_github_app.backend.GithubAppAuth', ... ]
everything else will be taken care for by Kiwi TCMS plugin loading code!
GitHub App configuration
- User authorization callback URL: https://public.tenant.kiwitcms.org/complete/github-app/
- Request user authorization (OAuth) during installation - True
- Webhook URL - https://public.tenant.kiwitcms.org/kiwitcms_github_app/webhook/
- Contents: Read-only
- Metadata: Read-only
- Email addresses: Read-only
- Subscribe to events:
v0.0.4 (25 Dec 2019)
- Do not fail if product already exists
- Do not fail if repository doesn't have description
- Search UserSocialAuth by uid and provider
v0.0.1 (24 Dec 2019)
- initial release