Multi-tenant support for Kiwi TCMS
This package provides multi-tenant support for Kiwi TCMS and is a wrapper around django-tenants. You can use it to host different organizations on the same application server or host multiple product instances used by different teams. Each tenant is able to see only the information created by themselves.
pip install kiwitcms-tenants
Then see test_project/settings.py for more information about configuration options.
IMPORTANT: multi-tenancy is backed by PostgreSQL schemas!
WARNING: current tenant is decided based on the FQDN by which you
are accessing Kiwi TCMS. This means your web server and DNS must support
wildcard domains, e.g.
*.tenants.kiwitcms.org. How to configure them
is not currently documented here!
v0.4.3 (18 May 2019)
- When creating tenant set site.name to tenant.domain.domain
v0.4.0 (12 May 2019)
- Allow overriding create tenant form URL via additional
context variable named
v0.3.0 (08 May 2019)
- Send email when a new tenant is created
- Add middleware which can be used to block unpaid tenants
- Rewrite middleware without deprecated
MiddlewareMixin, Refers to Issue #17
- Add more tests
v0.2.0 (05 May 2019)
- Make it easier to override
- Show first primary domain in Admin
- Massive speed up tests
- Pylint fixes
v0.1.10 (03 May 2019)
- Bring back
tenant_urltemplate tag with optional
v0.1.9 (03 May 2019)
- Fix failing tests
v0.1.8 (03 May 2019)
- Fix packaging for missing migrations directory
- Add view which facilitates GitHub login & redirects.
Callers are supposed to perform OAuth login via public tenant and then
redirect to this view which will send the browser to the actual tenant!
This will resolve problems with
redirect_urimismatch that we're seeing from GitHub b/c you can only specify one redirect uri
- pylint fixes
- Remove unused
v0.1.6 (28 April 2019)
- Tenant object now has an owner
v0.1.5 (24 April 2019)
- Update django-tenants to 2.2.3
- New translations for Slovenian
- Don't ship
test_project/files in wheel package
v0.1.4 (15 April 2019)
- Update to django-tenants 2.2.0 for Django 2.2 support
v0.1.3 (10 April 2019)
- Rename setting
v0.1.2 (04 April 2019) - initial release
- Support creating of tenants via web interface
- Support for deleting tenants only by super-user
- Support for authorizing other users to access the current tenant
- Middleware which returns 403 Forbidden when non-authorized user tries to access a tenant
- Support for overriding the
tcms_tenants/new.htmltemplate to provide SLA, terms and conditions, etc.