This workflow takes advantage of Brett Terpstra's Bunch Application.
Bunch is a workspace loader that you can use to quickly open/close applications, urls, documents, and more to come.
This workflow utilizes Bunch's CLI script and it's x-callback functionality.
- bunch - Top Level Bunch Selector
- bunch <bunch_file> - Toggles the selected bunch
MODIFIERS (+ Return)
- CMD: Forces Open the Bunch
- Control: Forces Closed the Applications listed in the bunch.
- Shift: Opens the Bunch file to be edited
- bedit - Opens the Bunch file to be edited
bsettings- Opens the preferences page
bsettings:refresh- Refreshes your Bunch List
bsettings:bunches_dir- Reveals the contents of the current bunches directory
- Modifier cmd - opens the prompt to change the bunches directory. (YOU WILL NEED TO REFRESH YOUR BUNCH LIST)
bsettings:help- Opens this page!
Do you work on Bunch?
No but I do test bunch and use it very much so when new features come out I do try to make sure that nothing has broken.
Can I pass in variables from Alfred?
Not at the moment, but that is something that I would love to implement sadly this would rely on folks using a similar variable scheme or positional arguments being supported. I would recommend you do something like Nested Bunches or use Interactive Dialogs to prompt for information.
I installed the workflow and it's not seeing my Bunches
There could be a few problems
- Using an outdated version of the workflow. Install the Latest Version
- You have both the stable and the Beta running. (This uses the x-callback-url and the Applescript to run so they may be getting wires crossed. Choose one and uninstall the other)
- Your App Cache may be out of date in terms of the
configDir. To fix, check out the [#Reset AppCache] Section
To reset the AppCache
configDir value, delete the existing value.
- Complete Quit Bunch
- Open terminal, and enter
defaults delete ~/Library/Preferences/com.brettterpstra.Bunch.plist configDir
- ReLaunch Bunch