twupdate is a command line twitter update client that uses OAuth to connect to twitter. I use it with QuickSilver on Mac OSX to send twitter updates.
- Fix "twupdate (LoadError)" when running twupdate binary from installed gem.
- Support reading consumer and access credentials from ~/.twupdate file (require mode 600) instead of Mac OSX keychain.
- Modify twupdate_oauth_setup to print instructions on how to put credentials in Mac OSX keychain or ~/.twupdate.
- Improve error reporting when credentials are not found or incorrrect.
- Finish documentation.
twupdate is written in ruby and can be installed as a ruby gem.
gem install twupdate
This will install a binary
twupdate that can be used to send twitter updates.
Twitter now requires OAuth authentication and no longer supports HTTP Basic Authentication. For this to work you need to register your installation of twupdate as a Twitter Application.
For this you need to
- Login to your twitter account
- Visit https://twitter.com/apps/new
After registering your twupdate client you will receive the following credentials:
- Consumer key
- Consumer secret
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright (c) 2010 Klaas Jan Wierenga. See LICENSE for details.