Make a Student Home
🏠 -> Smart 💡
You are probably wondering, what is Home Assistant!? Well, Home Assistant is a home automation platform running on Python 3. It is able to track and control all devices at home and offers a platform for automating control.
During student life there is often that one phase where you will live on your own, I recently took that step but with an important goal. You could almost say "I am a man on a mission", because I want to make the 25m2 that I have a super smart house.
You can follow my entire adventure via student-techlife.com
Use the code from this repo for your own Home Assistant environment, keep in mind to not always copy everything line-by-line. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them via email or socials!
Current House Configuration
Below is a list of all hardware in-house
My host system:
- Intel Arches Canyon NUC6CAYH -> Inside 8GB Ram, 120GB SSD
- Running a Proxmox server, with a Home Assistant OS VM on it.
- Deconz - Conbee II stick
And I use the following hardware in my house:
- Ikea tradfri lights - All types of fittings (Zigbee)
- Tint A60 806lm E27 RGBCCT Bulb (Zigbee)
- Google Home (WiFi)
- Logitech Harmony Hub companion
- Xiaomi Aqara Temperature & Humidity Sensors (Zigbee)
- Xiaomi Aqara Window Door Sensors (Zigbee)
- Xiaomi Aqara Motion Sensors (Zigbee)
- Xiaomi Curtains with track and motor (Zigbee)
- Xiaomi Aqara Smart switch (Zigbee)
- Xiaomi Mijia Smart Light Sensors (Zigbee)
- Xiaomi Aqara D1 - 1 way switch (Zigbee)
- Xiaomi Aqara Opple 6 way switch (Zigbee)
- Blitzwolf BW-LT11 led strips (ESPHome flashed)
- Blitzwolf BW-SHP13 smart plugs (Zigbee)
- Home Assistant Glow
- IKEA VINDRIKTNING (D1 Mini - ESPHome)
Blogs about my config
On my website I have already written a number of blogs that address specific parts of my config:
|Article||Is going about|
|- Hey Google! Time to sleep
||Using google assistant to activate certain scripts|
|- My TV
||Operating your TV via Google Assistant or Home Assistant|
|- What task do we do today?
||Tracking household tasks with sensors and notifications|
Need help or questions?
If you have a specific question about my configuration send me a Private message (PM) on the HA forum, my username is klaasnicolaas. Or send me a message via Discord, my username is Doc Master Nicolaz. If you have found any bug or errors, please submit an issue here on Github and I will get it fixed.
- Home Assistant Homepage
- Home Assistant Forums
- Home Assistant Discord Chat
- Other Featured Home Assistant Configurations
- Home Assistant GitHub Source Repository
- Official Home Assistant Demo
Copyright (c) 2019-2022 Klaas Schoute
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.