This project contains code for parsing and analysis data availabe from githubarchive.org
- Download data from http://githubarchive.org. Put each month in separate folder with name year-month (e.g 2012-4)
- Download gha-version.zip.
Run the application to extract events for particular repository with command:
java -Xmx2G -jar gha.jar params.yaml
# Extract events from repository rails/rails into events.csv where data in range from 2011-11 to 2012-1 command: find_events repository: rails/rails date: from: 2011-11 to: 2012-1 datapath: /home/klangner/datasets/github output: events.csv
- com.matrobot.gha.archive - Contains code to parse githubarchive.org files and create intermediate csv and json files which can be processed by other packages or external programs like R or weka.
- com.matrobot.gha.insights - Contains code for analyzing data and find patterns in it.
- com.matrobot.gha.ghapi - Get data from GitHub API.
- Visualization: http://matrobot.com
- Data: http://githubarchive.org
- Google groups for githubarchive.org
This project uses Maven to resolve dependencies
If you want to help with this projects, then great! The best way to do it is by creating fork and sending pull requests.
If you are beginner and want to learn Java, then let me know. I can prepare easy tasks for you which will help you became better developer.