Report generator for Udacity FSWD Logs Analysis Project
- python 3
- PostgreSQL (I used the 10.2 version)
- psycopg2-binary >= 2.7.4
- The news Database from Udacity
How to use this project
I assume that you have PostgreSQL and know how to restore the database.
Clone this repository
You will need the report.py and the requirements.txt.
$ git clone https://github.com/klassmann/udacity-logs-analysis.git
Install the dependencies
$ pip3 install -r requirements.txt
$ python3 report.py
You will find the queries inside the queries/ folder.
The program will output a report for the following questions:
- Top Articles, the 3 most viewed articles
- Top Authors, the most popular authors
- Requests with errors, The days with more than 1% of error on page requests.
Example of output
You also find an example of output in sample_output.txt
This project was tested with:
- python 3.4.2 and PostgreSQL 10.2 on MacOSX
You can't use this project as your project for Udacity, but you can use for study purposes if you want.