A chat app that lets you subscribe to real-time updates of temperature readings from a Raspberry Pi. Built with React, GraphQL, and AppSync.
The chat style interface of this app accepts commands from the user. The user can send a command to subscribe to real-time updates of temperature readings from the Raspberry Pi. If the user wants to unsubscribe or just wants the latest temperature reading, there are commands for that, too.
- Interact with a Raspberry Pi through a chat UI
- Subscribe to real-time data
- Be notified if they issue a command that the Pi doesn't understand
- Used AWS AppSync to run a GraphQL back-end service
- Used React for rendering the UI and managing app state
- Used Raspberry Pi running Node and Apollo Client for sending data