Singleton MonoBehaviour for Unity Projects
Implementation of the Singleton Design Pattern to Unity MonoBehaviours. This is useful when you need a single instance of a class and wants to tweak its properties in the editor.
- creates the Singleton instance automatically
- Singleton is ready no matter where or when you need it in your code
- grants the Singleton uniqueness (just one active instance at time)
- if there is already an instance in the Scene, uses it
- optinally makes the instance persistent through scenes
This implementation is a work in progress and it's widely open to suggestions.