Steam Tile creator for Windows 8.
Just a heads up, I never wrote anything for Windows 8 before. So if some things aren't quite right, that's probably why.
I hacked this together in about a day. Just for fun, and because I wanted something simpler than Steam Tile. The ads bothered me, and I felt the launch time was rather slow.
How do I use this?
- Run it
- Enter your Steam ID (not username, but your vanity URL or actual steam id)
- Click the games you want to pin
- Close it when you're done
How does it work?
I originally wanted to implement tiles like OblyTile, but because I didn't want to spend that much time actually making this, I opted for Secondary Tiles.
- Resolve Vanity URL to Steam ID
- Get list of owned games
- Download banner images for owned games
- Populate Grid View
- Create Secondary Tile on click
Then when launched with a Secondary Tile it checks for an argument (the App ID), and if it is there it tries to launch the game through the Steam URL (steam://runapp).
The launching is a bit hacky, as I was having some trouble with actually getting the game to start. So that just continuously tries to start the game until it launches.