Octopress NuGet Aside
This is a simple aside for Octopress that uses the Nuget Gallery API to dislay the most downloaded NuGet packages where you are an author. The loading time isn't that great currently because the NuGet Search API doesn't support JSON (JSONP) and returns all versions of every package. I also have to reroute the request using the Google Feed API.
First of all you need to these copy files:
- nuget.html into source/_includes/custom/asides/
- nuget_32_gray.png into source/images/
- nuget_32_gray_fail.png into source/images/
- _nuget.scss into sass/partials/sidebar/
Then you need to update these file:
- add 'custom/asides/nuget.html' to default_asides
- add NuGet settings at the end of the file:
# NuGet packages nuget_user: "your_username" nuget_author: "your_author_name" nuget_package_count: 5
The author is used for the search. This means that the author should equal the author you put in your NuGet spec. Search by user is not possible.
- Add '@import "sidebar/nuget";' at the end of the file
Check my blog for a preview.