This repository contains a work-in-progress eventing system that is designed to address a common need for cloud native development:
- Services are loosely coupled during development and deployed independently
- A producer can generate events before a consumer is listening, and a consumer can express an interest in an event or class of events that is not yet being produced.
- Services can be connected to create new applications
- without modifying producer or consumer, and
- with the ability to select a specific subset of events from a particular producer.
The high level mission of Knative Eventing is: Enable asynchronous application development through event delivery from anywhere.
For the full mission of Knative Eventing see docs/mission.md.
Interested users should join knative-users.