Bucketize autoscaling metrics by timeframe (#3289 - thanks @markusthoemmes)
Stats are averaged in each specific timeframe vs. averaged over the whole window. Fixes #2977.
Let the queue report a concurrency metric for proxied requests, and the autoscaler discount this concurrency when making scaling decisions. Fixes bug (#3301).
Scrape queue-proxy metrics in autoscaler (#3149, thanks @yanweiguo)
Bug Fixes / Cleanups
- Doc update for scale annotations lifetime (#3461 - thanks @yanweiguo) resolving bug (#2720)
- Surface events for all reconciliation failures (#3462 - thanks @mattmoor)---fixes #2941.
- Only add KPA label to a K8S service of a revision if KPA is used (#3498 - thanks @yanweiguo)---fixes #2606 (HPA and KPA controllers are getting wrong class PAs)
Surface events on reconciliation failures (thanks @mattmoor)
Several Revision default values are now configurable (thanks @mattmoor)
A new ConfigMap in knative-serving called config-defaults enables the customization of the default CPU resource request and request timeout (#3546).
url: to Service/Route status (thanks @dgerd)
url: field in the
status.traffic block of Service and Route is displayed to enable discovery of the generated URL for
name: sub-routes (#3526). This field is only present when
name: is used for a traffic target. See the
url: field for Route and Service in spec.md
More conformance tests:
- Validating user securityContext is reflected in container. (thanks @dgerd)
- Validating that metadata.generateName can be used instead of metadata.name (thanks @brandone-mabey)
Bug Fixes / Cleanups:
- CPU requests is now defaulted in the webhook (thanks @mattmoor) (#3529)
- Fixed broken deploy.sh **(thanks @adrchunha) **(#3367)
- Dropped functional dependency on 'configurationMetadaraGeneration' Label **(thanks @pivotal-joshua-rider) **(#3325)
Define 'Certificate' CRD for Auto TLS (thanks @ZhiminXiang)
As part of work in #1964, define an internal CRD
Certificate to make TLS provision more pluggable by having the Certificate Controller request an SSL certificate according to the information in
Certificate object that is being created. (#3050)
/quitquitquit endpoint of queue-proxy #3279 (thanks @xtreme-andrew-su)
We hide the /quitquitquit endpoint of queue-proxy, so that it can only be lameducked by the kubelet during shutdown.
After a service is scaled-to-zero, a streaming gRPC request should return successfully.
Update Istio template to 1.0.7.
Activator avoids unnecessary retries by performing health-checking of Revision service after cold start.
Bug fixes / Cleanups:
- Fix the authority bug (affected GRPC) #3370 (thanks @tanzeeb)
- Eliminate the request size limit on cold start #3359 (thanks @mattmoor)
- Add Activator readiness probe for improved availability #2857 (thanks @mattmoor)
Write request logs from queue proxy #3561 (thanks @mdemirhan)
Queue proxy now has the ability to write request logs to stdout. This functionality already exists in Istio mesh and the reason for the duplication here is to move towards eliminating our dependency on Istio's mesh functionality.
Write request metrics from queue proxy #3596 (thanks @yanweiguo)
Queue proxy now has the ability to generate request count and latency metrics. This functionality already exists in Istio mesh and the reason for the duplication here is to move towards eliminating our dependency on Istio's mesh functionality.