!SLIDE transition=scrollUp .notes Gem Authoring and Deployment
- In the beginning...
- Overview of how rubygems works, changing load path, etc
- Use Rake tasks to make gem building easier
- Documentation (RDOC, Yard, Rocco, Ronn/man pages)
- Add a license early in your gem development
- Do what the ___ you want to public license
- Bundler + RVM = WIN
- Don't require rubygems in your gem
- Semantic versioning (X.Y.Z)
- "require" loads code once, it is smart
- "load" loads the code without doing any checks
- You should not "require 'rubygems'" it should already be on the load path
- Don’t use jeweler, use a real gemspec
- Unsure about this, maybe the gemspec has enough automation you don’t have to do this any more?
- Aruba lets you write cuke specs within cuke specs. Helps with command line applications