Using Luma3DS' layeredfs (Only version 8.0 and higher)
Note: THIS IS NOT A SUBSTITUTION FOR SALTYSD FOR SSB4
Follow Zeta's guide for Pokemon Randomization.
- Dump files that you wish to modify using this (if you are provided files from say a rom hack, you can skip this and go to step 3)
- Make changes as you see. I suggest that you make copies of files before modifying them, and backup to your PC or Cloud.
- Place the modified files from romfs into /luma/titles/[titleid]/romfs/. The titleid can be found by using either FBI or searching for it on 3DSDB
- If you are using a rom hack that comes with a code.bin (or code.ips), place it in /luma/titles/[titleid].
- Boot into luma3DS config (hold select on boot) and select "Enable Game Patching."
- Launch the game and hope nothing crashes.