Serve on rice or quinoa!
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin (or same amount of white wine & pinch of sugar)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Pour broth into a heavy medium saucepan, along with sugar, soy sauce and mirin. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir egg whites and whole egg in a small bowl until just mixed. Add chicken to the simmering broth. Gently pour in the egg mixture, without stirring. Sprinkle scallions on top. When the egg starts to firm up, after about 3 minutes, stir it with chopsticks.