MaKL’s goal is to make C/C++ project configuration and building as simple and flexible as possible. MaKL does not enforce the developer to learn complex new definition languages: only a basic knowledge of shell scripting and GNU Make is necessary. A set of powerful predefined functions and templates eliminate the complexity of configuration and build scripts, hence removing a big burden from developers.
The following sections give an introduction to MaKL auto-configuration, build and toolchain tuning features. Cross building capabilities will also be covered in a separate section. All the examples are based on the same hierarchy found in the test/ directory of the MaKL distribution.
For instructions on how to installing MaKL on your platform, refer to the top level README file in the package tarball.
- MaKL Installation → installation and setup
- MaKL Self Installation → using MaKL to install MaKL
- C/C++ Project Organization → sample project layout
- Auto Configuration → create a configure script
- Build → manage a project from scratch to release
- Toolchains and Cross Compilation → create a toolchain file to build for another target
- Check 3rd Party Features → check special features in dependencies
- [MaKL .maklrc](/koanlogic/makl/wiki/MaKL .maklrc) → override system settings