ConfDeck is a conference management tool for small or big organizations. It's especially good for conferences where speakers are expected to apply first and then they are evaluated by a committee and then accepted or rejected. ConfDeck aims to ease this speaker application process.
Only a Few ConfDeck Features:
- Create your conference
- Add organization(s) who arranges the event
- Add sponsor(s) if any
- Add separate and detailed schedule for every day of conference for every room that a speak will take place
- Your conference page is created automatically with all necessary part already filled
- Get speaker applications
- Discuss and evaluate speaker applications
- Committee members can vote and comment on applications
- Applications can be accepted or rejected and aplicants are informed via email
- Confdeck uses localeapp for its translation service. You need to add a LoCALEAPP_KEY environment value to work with localeapp correctly. You can get your api key from https://www.localeapp.com/.
Feedback and Issue Management
Confdeck's issues are managed on a public kanban board.
You can create an account and open an issue or contribute to an existing one from https://confdeck.atlassian.net/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=6&projectKey=CF.
To get Confdeck running follow those commands:
- Fork and clone the project
- Go in project folder
# make sure you're using ruby-2 $ rvm list rvm rubies ruby-1.9.3-p545 [ x86_64 ] =* ruby-2.1.2 [ x86_64 ] # => - current # =* - current && default # * - default $ rvm gemset create confdeck $ rvm use 2.1.2@confdeck $ rvm gemset list gemsets for ruby-2.1.2 (found in /home/theuser/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.1.2) (default) => confdeck $ bundle install --without production $ rails s