A simple but quite powerful spellchecking library written in pure Python for Gtk based on Enchant. It supports PyGObject as well as PyGtk for Python 2 and 3 with automatic switching and binding detection. For automatic translation of the user interface it can use Gedit’s translation files.
- localized names of the available languages
- supports word, line and multiple line ignore regular expressions
- supports ignore custom tags on GtkTextBuffer
- enable and disable of spellchecking with preferences memory
- supports hotswap of GtkTextBuffers
- PyGObject and PyGtk compatible with automatic detection
- Python 2 and 3 supportas Enchant, support for Hunspell (LibreOffice) and Aspell (GNU) dictionaries
- extract dictionaries out of LibreOffice extension files
- legacy API for Python GtkSpell
The documentation is available at Read the Docs.
Checkout the official project website.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.