$ gem install bundler $ npm install -g gulp $ npm install -g bower
After cloning the repository run:
$ bundle install $ bower install $ npm install
Running the website
The development enviroment is driven by Gulp.js. I have written three main gulp tasks:
$ gulp [default] $ gulp publish $ gulp deploy
To start the development enviroment run
gulp. To build a production build run
gulp publish. To sync the files to a server run
The developement server will run on http://0.0.0.0:8888/.
Stuff I use on my website
These are just some of the tools, packages, languages and stuff I used to build my website:
- Octopress to create posts and pages.
- Gulp.js to run the development enviroment and create builds.
- Node.js to run Gulp.js, Bower and other tools
- Bundler to have all Gems in an consistent enviroment.
- Ruby to write plugins for Jekyll.
- Browserify to use CommonJS modules.
- BrowserSync to have live reload and syning of actions.
- LostGrid to build the awesome Grid of my website.
All content is copyrighted by Stefan Imhoff unless otherwise stated. Feel free to learn from the source code and reuse code for your projects. The only thing which is not allowed is the usage of my design (the unique combination of layout, fonts, images), private photos and logo.
In easier words: This is not a free theme. Learn from it. Remix. Reuse. Build your own stuff.