Below you can find release notes for the trunk version of WinSW.
Release date: July 8, 2017
- PR #228 -
Runaway Process Killer extension was not using the
Release date: June 12, 2017
- Issue #206 -
Prevent printing of log entries in the
statuscommand. (PR #214)
- Issue #218 -
Prevent hanging of the
stopexecutablewhen its logs are not being drained do the parent process. (PR #220, PR #224)
Release date: April 19, 2017
- Issue #183 - Add support of the Delayed Automatic Start mode definition in config XML. More Info. (PR #205)
- Issue #126 -
Add support of BASIC and SSPI authentication in the
<download>action. More Info. (PR #194, PR #203)
- Introduce the
failOnErroroption in the
<download>action. More Info. (PR #195)
Release date: Apr 01, 2017
- Issue #201 - Prevent conversion of environment variables to lowercase in the started executable. (PR #202)
Release date: Feb 13, 2017
- Issue #181 -
Fix metadata of the
WinSW.NET2.exeexecutable to make it really running on .NET Framework 2. (PR #188)
- Issue #95 -
During process tree termination rebuild the child process tree after the termination if
stopparentprocessfirstis set. Enhances the fix of Issue #59 in WinSW 2.0. (PR #186)
Release date: Jan 06, 2017
Release date: Dec 30, 2016
- Issue #103 -
Provide the executable for
.NET Framework 4.0. (PR #147)
- With this binary patching of
exe.configis no longer required to get WinSW running on newest systems.
- Issue #154 -
Provide WinSW configuration file samples.
- Samples are available within release packages
- Introduce the new WinSW Extension Engine. (PR #42)
- Add new
SharedDirectoriesMapperextension. See the docs here (PR #42).
- Issue #125 -
RunawayProcessKillerextension. See the docs here. (PR #133)
- Issue #69 - Migrate event logging to Apache log4net. (PR #145, PR #73 and others).
- Issue #85 -
FileStream#Handlein the CLI
redirectmode. (PR #167)
- Issue #124 - Prevent CPU overutilization when waiting for the process to exit. (PR #135)
- Issue #159 -
stoptimeoutoptions from XML configs with metadata before
settings. (PR #175)
- Issue #164 -
Print warnings in the
uninstallcommand when the service cannot be uninstalled immediately. (PR #165)
- Issue #171 -
Prevent failure when
stopargumentsare defined without
stopexecutablein the XML file. (PR #170)
- Issue #59 - Prevent failure during process termination if child processes cannot be retrieved due to the pending system shutdown. (PR #172)
- Issue #54 - Security: Do not dump WinSW environment variables to the Event log. (PR #173)
- Do not propagate exceptions from
Process.Kill()if the process actually exits. (PR #166)
- Major documentation refactoring and update.
- Use GitHub Releases as a main release source.
- Jenkins Maven repository is no longer the main release source
- It will be periodically updated on-demand
- Issue #65 - Introduce NuGet packaging and publishing.
- Releases are being published on
www.nuget.org. Package page
- Issue #80 - Maven releases now pick releases from GitHub Releases. The package version is guaranteed to be same as the assembly version. (PR #162)
- Issue #142 - Introduce the CI/CD flow being hosted on AppVeyor. The project page is here.
2.xis fully compatible with WinSW
1.xin terms of the command-line interface and configuration files.
- Any behavior difference will be considered as a bug
- New features like WinSW extensions are disabled by default. They can be enabled via the configuration file.
Release date: Nov 05, 2016
- Fix the version number in the executable file metadata and CLI
Release date: Aug 02, 2016
- No functional changes.
Fixed issues: Aug 23, 2015
- Issue #91 -
%BASE%contained the executable path instead of the directory path (regression in
Release date: Mar 29, 2015
Changes: See the winsw-1.17 milestone.
WinSW versions older than
1.17 have no explicit changelog.
If you need such info, see the commit history.