- Topple will now compile and run successfully on linux:
cmake . && make Topple
- Compilation now takes place with cmake's default options for release builds
- The 'x86-64' build has been replaced with a 'legacy' build which just uses GCC's default -march and -mtune settings.
- Removed YBWC, replaced it with Lazy SMP
- Slightly improved time management
- Uses hash table to find a ponder move even if there is only one legal move
- Implemented "move from hash" which allows Topple to move instantly if there is already an entry of a suitable depth in the hash table.
- No changes
On a single thread, there is a gain of around +5 elo compared to Topple 0.5.0 in self play.
On 4 threads, the improvement seems to be around +120 elo in self play (vs Topple 0.5.0 on 4 threads), though the actual improvement is likely to be less.
Topple_0.6.0_bdver4.exe 2.73 MB
Topple_0.6.0_broadwell.exe 2.73 MB
Topple_0.6.0_core2.exe 2.74 MB
Topple_0.6.0_haswell.exe 2.73 MB
Topple_0.6.0_ivybridge.exe 2.73 MB
Topple_0.6.0_legacy.exe 2.74 MB
Topple_0.6.0_nehalem.exe 2.73 MB
Topple_0.6.0_sandybridge.exe 2.73 MB
Topple_0.6.0_skylake.exe 2.73 MB
Topple_0.6.0_westmere.exe 2.73 MB
Topple_0.6.0_znver1.exe 2.73 MB