A platform independent Java client for Kontalk (http://www.kontalk.org). Includes connectivity to the Jabber network!
FAQ: Common questions are answered here!
User Forum: https://forum.kontalk.org/
- Java 8 (Java Runtime Engine)
Connect with Kontalk...
- Use the existing Kontalk account from your phone
- Synchronized contact list (=XMPP roster)
- Add new Kontalk users by phone number
- The client automatically requests public keys for safe communication
- Your communication with Kontalk users is encrypted by default
... and beyond:
- Exchange text messages with any Jabber/XMPP users!
- Add new Jabber contacts by JID
- Tested with clients like Pidgin or Conversations
Note: private key and messages are saved unencrypted and can be read by other applications on your computer!
Implemented XEP features:
- XEP-0184: Message receipts
- XEP-0085: Chat state notifications
- XEP-0191: User blocking
- XEP-0066: File transfer over server
- XEP-0231: Image thumbnails for attachments
- XEP-0084: Avatar images
- XEP-0363: HTTP File Upload
- XEP-0012: Last activity timestamp
- XEP-0245: The infamous and most essential "/me" command