Palantír aims to be an all-round notification center for MacOS X. While the Palantír App itself doesn't provide any real functionality for the end-user, it is easily extendable through plugins which will be able to provide any feature you can think of, e.g. mail or news feed notifications.
- A central configuration for the App itself and the plugins
- A simple plugin interface to create own Palantír plugins
Right now, there's only one plugin available for Palantír. It's called Macnancy and it's also available as source code here on GitHub.
- A downloadable disk image or installer
- Sparkle integration
- Growl integration
- More dynamic configuration
- MacOS X 10.5 (Leopard) or newer
There are several ways of contributing to Palantír's development:
- Build your own plugins for Palantír and spread the word.
- Report problems and request features using the issue tracker.
- Write patches yourself to fix bugs and implement new functionality.
- Create a Palantír fork on GitHub and start hacking.
This code is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the new BSD License. A copy of this license can be found in the LICENSE file.
- Sebastian Staudt -- koraktor(at)gmail.com