To avoid notes at the very beginning being hidden by the keyboard, the initial position of the track is now shifted (see #18).
Fixed a bug related to the particles on OpenGL < 4.0 (see #17).
- Notes can now be hidden.
- Colors for the background lines, texts, keyboard, sharp/flat keys can be customized.
- Flashes can be tinted and resized.
- You can access debug options by pressing the 'd' key, and can now dump all parsed MIDI events and generated notes in the console log.
- Controller pressure and unknown MIDI events are now ignored when computing a track timing.
- Updated GLFW on macOS, should improve Mojave performances.
You can now export a track as a series of PNG frames in a directory. Those can then be used in video editing tools to generate a video without the performance issues of direct screen recording. The export framerate can be defined. Note: The export process can take a long time, be sure to look into the console log to track down the progress.
The attenuation speed of the blur effect can now be adjusted, to avoid large glowing regions when many notes are playing on screen.
- Multiple quality levels are now available. You can favor performances or visual quality by picking different levels.
- Improved global performances by simplifying the background blur effect.
- Enabled V-sync at launch.
- Load up to 4 black-and-white square images to be used for the particle effects. Some examples are available below, in
- Customize the background color and the particles size.
- Added the ability to save, load and reset the settings (except for the particle images).
- Re-organized the user interface with sections and additional information.
- Support custom width for minor keys.
- Support custom color for particle effects.
- The blur can now be applied to the notes.
- Adjust number of particles for performances.
- MIDI type 1 files with no tempo track now use the default 120BPM tempo.
- Multiple consecutive notes on the same key will now each spawn their specific set of particles. This solves #5.
- Improved Unicode support.
- Settings panel to customize display parameters: color, scale, lines and digits.
- File picker to load a MIDI file.
- You can now launch the application by double-clicking on it and picking a file in the selector.
- This release fixes some timing issues with MIDI Type 1 files.
This is the first public release!
For instructions on how to use the executables available below, please check the README file.
Please note that there is still an unknown issue with some MIDI files, where the notes durations and placement won't be accurate.