Robot Framework FTP Library
This library provides functionality of FTP client. FTP communication provided by ftplib.
Starting from 3rd of Janury 2017, project is hosted at Github.
Version 1.3 released on 30th of January 2016.
What's new in release 1.3:
- multiple connections in parallel
- strongly refactored source code
- enabling/disabling printout of messages returned by ftp server
Despite new features, 1.3 should be compatible with previous versions.
- run command: pip install robotframework-ftplibrary
- download, unzip and run command: python setup.py install
- download, unzip and copy FtpLibrary.py file to a directory pointed by PYTHONPATH (for example ...\Python27\lib\site-packages).
The simplest example (connect, change working dir, print working dir, close):
| ftp connect | 192.168.1.10 | mylogin | mypassword | | cwd | /home/myname/tmp/testdir | | | | pwd | | | | | ftp close | | | |
It is possible to use multiple ftp connections in parallel. Connections are identified by string identifiers:
| ftp connect | 192.168.1.10 | mylogin | mypassword | connId=ftp1 | | ftp connect | 192.168.1.20 | mylogin2 | mypassword2 | connId=ftp2 | | cwd | /home/myname/tmp/testdir | ftp1 | | | | cwd | /home/myname/tmp/testdir | ftp2 | | | | pwd | ftp2 | | | | | pwd | ftp1 | | | | | ftp close | ftp2 | | | | | ftp close | ftp1 | | | |
During library import it is possible to disable logging of server messages. By default logging is enabled:
| Library | FtpLibrary.py |
To disable logging of server messages, additional parameter must be added to import:
| Library | FtpLibrary.py | False |