Kraken.io Wordpress Plugin
Optimizes all your Wordpress images through the Kraken API
This plugin allows you to optimize new and existing Wordpress image uploads through Kraken Image Optimizer's API. Both lossless and lossy optimization modes are supported. Supported filetypes are JPEG, PNG and GIF. Maximum filesize limit is 8MB. For more details, including detailed documentation, please visit Kraken.io.
- All image uploaded throught the media uploader are optimized on-the-fly. All generated thumbnails are optimized too.
- All images already present in the media library can be optimized individually.
- This plugin does not require any root or command-line access. No compilation and installation of any binaries is necessary.
- All optimization is carried out by sending images to Kraken.io's infrastructure, and downloading the optimized files to your Wordpress installation.
- To use this plugin, you must obtain an API key and secret from Kraken.io
Once you have obtained your credentials, from your Wordpress admin, go to Settings->Media. The Kraken Wordpress plugin adds a Kraken.io Settings section to the bottom of the page, from where you can enter your API credentials, and select your optimization preferences. Once you have done this, click "Save". If everything is in order, it will simply say "settings saved" and give you a reassuring green tick in the Kraken.io settings section. You can now start optimizing images from within Media Library. Any image you upload from now on will be optimized on-the-fly by Kraken.
Please send bug reports, problems, feature requests and so on to support (at) kraken (dot) io