You're looking at the repository of Golingo, the #1 Paid Word Game in the Swedish App Store. This is the full source code, basking naked in all its dirty glory. There is an accompanying blog post spilling most of the beans about this release. Dig in to the code, and feel free to do what you like with it. We ask you kindly to play nice, but the code is yours to (ab)use.
- Not a single line of Objective-C written, courtesy of Titanium Mobile
- Only one (!) image ingame - the rest is CSS3 magic
- Fluid gameplay thanks to CSS Transitions and Animations
- Multitouch draggables using iPhone Touch API
- Logic encapsulated using Low Pro - meaning split screen mode was easy pie
- jQuery 1.4.2 for development speed (and sanity of developer)
- Predictable randomness means replayable games, all courtesy of excellent seedrandom
- Make it run on Android
- Make it run on webOS
- Translate to more languages
- Add multiplayer capabilities through Bonjour, nodejs, PusherApp or similar.
Copyright (c) 2010 Krawaller, MIT Licensed, apart from:
DSSO (Den Stora Svenska Ordlistan) found in
Resources/db/swe.sqlite, Copyright (c) 2010 Göran Andersson, CC BY-SA 3.0