Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to the iDynoMiCS wiki!##
iDynoMiCS has been developed by an international team of researchers in order to provide a common platform for further development of all individual-based models of microbial biofilms and such like. All features of various predecessor models have been merged and some new features added.
We hope that non programmers will be able to use the software for a range of projects without having to be able to program Java since the properties of microbial species can be specified in an input file, and many options are also accessible by editing the input file. The current code and any future additions are made available upon publication of the work describing the respective code or additional features.
While we make the code available under a GNU GPL type open source licence called CeCILL, we ask you to register on the mailing list while using the code. This will help us find out how many scientists are using iDynoMiCS, which we will use to support future grant applications to further develop the code, which in turn is in your interest. Also, any updates and questions from the user community will be accessible to registered users.
- A new online tool to generate iDynoMiCS protocol files was released in December 2013. This eases the process of designing a simulation.
- Version 1.2 of iDynoMiCS was released in October 2013
Where To Start: The Tutorial###
- To get a better idea of what can be achieved using iDynomics, this tutorial is the best place to start.
- If you have any trouble, the first place to look for answers is in the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- If you still can't find what you're looking for, you can ask the mailing list at email@example.com and we'll respond as quickly as possible, depending on the difficulty of the question!
Full Class Documentation
- To fully understand our code, we comment our code using the doxygen documentation system. To get familiar with the underlying code, the documentation is available here
Wiki Pages on Installing and Running iDynomics
- Downloading the code to run iDynomics
- Links to required and optional additional software for running iDynomics
- Running iDynomics
- iDynomics License
Contributing to iDynomics Future Development
- Downloading the code and contributing to iDynomics future development
- Using the Github Repository with Eclipse
- Bug reporting
- Suggesting future improvements