Fun twist on the classic Mad Lib with GIF's!
As a fan of hilarious GIFs I want to create mad lib stories with GIFs so I can laugh, share with my friends, or save to my profile page.
- Have at least 2 models
- Include sign up/log in functionality
- Incorporate at least one API
- Have complete RESTful routes
- Utilize an ORM to create a database table structure
- Use semantic markup for HTML and CSS (adhere to best practices)
Initial Trello Setup
Initial Design Mock Up
- Giphy API
- Git / GitHub
I always enjoyed writing mad libs, and can spend hours searching for the perfect GIF. I wanted to create an app that combined these two.
- First started with user sign up/login
- Used Bcrypt to hash the password
- Used Sessions to keep track of user
- Next worked on connecting with Giphy API and displaying one GIF
- Connected using the Giphy-API NPM package
- Used GET method with a search form
- Increased the API calls to four searches from one call
- Used Async to manage multiple API calls without crashing
- Interjected results into story
- Used the URL's returned from the Giphy API to interject into the mad lib story
- Multiple API calls with one GET request - Used Async to solve this.
- Saving favorite GIFs to profile page.
- Connecting two models to link favorites to the specific user.
- Writing the mad lib story
- Working with the Giphy API
- Instead of just saving all the GIFs to a favorite page, I would like to save the story url that can be reloaded when clicked on
- Add more stories
- Randomly select which story is displayed
- Share to Facebook