The BananaBread Engine
FPS-type games: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80664946/index.html
Non-game example: http://www.syntensity.com/static/night14/fireworks.html
- A multitude of visual effects including water reflection/ refraction, parallax mapping, glare, particle effects, lightmaps, skeletal animation (on gpu), etc. etc.
- Compile a single codebase both to a native application and to the web.
- Streamlined and quick physics system
- Ragdoll physics
- Bot AI with adjustable skill level.
- Integrated in-game editor.
- Fast performance both when compiled natively and to the web.
- zlib license, see below.
The original engine also has a lot of other features not yet enabled (but will be):
- Multiplayer editing
Do 'make' in cube2/src/web for a web build. You can also do 'make' in cube2/src/native for a native linux build.
Run python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8888 in cube2/
Load localhost:8888 in your browser
Code is zlib licensed (just like Sauerbraten).
New content created for this project specifically (for example, by Gregor Koch or Alon Zakai) is all CC-BY. If there isn't a specific license file, this is the license, so you can use that content freely.
Existing content is mostly CC-BY or CC-BY-SA, see license files in specific directories. An exception are the character models, their license is sadly more restrictive (we hope to get new ones when possible), see details in