Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
General Promise Resources
- "Redemption from Callback Hell" (video) introduces how you can avoid the problems of messy callback APIs by using promises
- "Promises, Promises" (video) introduces promises from the ground up, gives an overview of the recent history of promises, and provides some guidance on using promises in your real-world code.
- "Callbacks, Promises, and Coroutines (oh my!)" is a deep dive into asynchronous programming patterns and practices, including introductory material for those new to asynchronous programming.
- "Boom! Promises/A+ Was Born" explains the Promises/A+ zeitgeist.
- "Promises and Generators: Control Flow Utopia" (video) steps through a specific example, showing the pitfalls of callback-based solutions and the benefits promises alone can give you, as well as promises plus ES6 generators.
- "No More Pyramids: Tools to Keep Callbacks Neat" (video) explains how promises and generators can help you with callback hell.
- "The Promised Land" introduces promises and the RSVP.js library, both generally and in an Ember.js context.
- promisejs.org's Introduction page shows the very basics of using promises.
- "You're Missing the Point of Promises" emphasizes the parallel between sequential synchronous code and promise-based asynchronous code.
- Promises in Node.js with Q – An Alternative to Callbacks (medium version) in-depth dive into promises (as defined by Promises/A+)
- How-to Compose Node.js Promises with Q (medium version) functional programming techniques applied to promises (continuation of above article)
- We have a problem with promises explains many common mistakes and misunderstandings
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.