Kristopher's Repository of FOIA, California PRA, and Texas PIA requests and responses
Note that I am working on a new front-end site at freetherecords.org to organize and track these requests and responses. This may also mean a new organization for the repository of received records and associated communications.
"Federated" Police Surveillance in San Diego, California
This started with trying to find out more about "SafeSanDiego-Lemon Grove":
- San Diego Sheriff’s Office to Unveil Surveillance Network from the San Diego Union-Tribune
- See Sept. 16, 2020 requests and responses and Oct. 18, 2020 requests and responses.
Collin College (Texas) Faculty Speech
See more context at FIRE: Collin College stonewalls inquiries into legislators' "contacts" over professor's tweets about Vice President Pence (November 12, 2020).
- Files, including initial request, response, and letter from outside counsel to AG trying to avoid providing other responsive documents
FOIA/PRA Resources & Info
For more information on FOIA/PRA, see the following:
- FOIA Wiki: The FOIA Wiki is a free and collaborative resource on the federal Freedom of Information Act provided by the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, with contributions from The FOIA Project at TRAC, MuckRock, The National Security Archive, FOIA Mapper, Open the Government, and other users
- State Open Government Guide: The Open Government Guide is a complete compendium of information on every state's open records and open meetings laws. Each state's section is arranged according to a standard outline, making it easy to compare laws in various states.