Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
MiniDeluxe is a light-weight replacement for Ham Radio Deluxe that provides interoperability with FlexRadio's PowerSDR and Ham Radio Deluxe's Logbook and digital mode programs. It is currently a work in progress, but contains all the necessary functionality to connect to HRD Logbook and DM780.
MiniDeluxe was written by David McKenzie, K1FSY, and is available free of charge under the GPL license.
- Queries PowerSDR for radio information at user-defined intervals.
- High priority updates include frequency and mode, while low priority updates include display mode, DSP filter, etc.
- Runs in the background with a notify icon to stay out of the way.
- Small footprint and low CPU utilization.
- Provides data to HRD Logbook about frequency changes, mode, AGC, Preamp, Display, Band and DSP.
- Receives frequency and mode changes from HRD Logbook and forwards them to PowerSDR.
- Compatible with any virtual serial port repeater, such as Serial_Repeater or DDUtil.
- In DM780, changing modes does not update the dropdown list of possible DSP filter values. This appears to be a limitation in DM780, as it is not asking for the dropdown list from MiniDeluxe after a mode change.
Download the file, unzip, and double-click the application. Chose the correct serial port for PowerSDR, and click "Save". This will start the server and close the options dialog. Options can be re-opened from the radio microphone icon in the system tray. Right-clicking the tray icon also allows for exiting the application.
If you are using DDUtil, be sure to connect MiniDeluxe to RCP2, RCP3 or RCP4 as defined on the "RCP" tab in DDUtil. Connecting MiniDeluxe to RCP1 may cause DDUtil to lag on frequency updates and break functionality. This appears to be a bug with DDUtil.
It may be necessary for you to create a new identity inside DM780 in order to connect to MiniDeluxe. If this is the case, try the following procedure:
- Start MiniDeluxe.
- Start DM780, select File menu -> Identities
- Click new and name it something.
- Select it from the list and click Select.
- Once DM780 re-opens, click the radio tab and click the configure button.
- Click the connect button. You should see the six buttons for Mode, AGC, etc, and a TX button.
- Click save and see if it's working.
HRD Logbook Notes
If you are having problems getting the mode and other buttons to update in HRD Logbook, please follow this procedure:
- Start MiniDeluxe and PowerSDR
- Open HRD Logbook
- On the radio pane, click Options
- Click Connect followed by Defaults
- Switch to the Default Layout tab
- Click each of the six drop-down buttons at the top and choose one of the six selections from the list.
- Click OK
Please find the latest release here: https://github.com/krisp/MiniDeluxe/releases
This software requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 to properly run. It can be obtained here.
- Added changes to accommodate HRD 6.2.8 (W0DHB)
- 2014-06-17 20:00EST
- Moved to GitHub, added support for HRD 6.2 and SmartSDR thanks to Dave W0DHB
- 2012-06-26 21:00EST
- Merged changes required to operate with HRD v5.23 and up thanks to Dave W0DHB
- 2012-04-27 10:00EST
- Added processing of GET VFO-COUNT to allow the display of both PowerSDR VFO’s in the SAT Tracker Radio pane. (Thanks Dave W0DHB)
- 2010-08-08 23:00EST
- Fixed a number of bugs, including a bug that caused the program to crash after a .NET upgrade.
- 2010-03-17 10:30EST
- Fixed bugs that broke the DSP Filter selection. It should now properly read the filter names from PowerSDR and reflect filter changes.
- 2010-03-15 16:43EST
- Fixed a bug that caused people with unsupported buttons in their default HRD Logbook layout from getting dropdown updates. Please follow the procedure above to ensure that only supported dropdown buttons are selected.
- 2010-03-13 11:09EST
- Added "Check for Update" button to the options form to notify the user of updated versions of the program.
- 2010-03-12 17:41EST
- Fixed a bug that broke transmit in DM780.
- 2010-03-12 09:57EST
- MiniDeluxe now sets its internal values to the values requested by the client programs, which will keep the frequency or band, etc from jumping around until the next update interval.
- Implemented AGC, DSP filter, Display, Band and Preamp dropdown buttons.
- 2010-03-11 11:31EST
- DM780 will now correctly receive the list of dropdown button names when connecting via a fresh profile.
- Removed the "start" button from the options form, it was causing issues.
- Fixed race condition that sometimes caused the serial port to be reopened before it was closed after clicking the save button.
- S-Meter in DM780 grows backwards from the signal strength. Investigating still.
Changing the values for the timers and clicking save sometimes tries to reopen the serial port before it is closed, throwing an exception. Clicking through it and using the "Start" button recovers operation (or restarting the program).
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.