A collection of previous work with LED cubes and matrices from 2009-2010. Code adapted from my high-school team project of building and programming a 4x4x4 LED cube.
Software has been developed for Arduino IDE release 0017 and tested on an Adruino Duemilanove (ATMega328).
These library folders must be placed in the Arduino IDE folder under Hardware/Libraries (IDE restart required). If they show up in the Sketch:Include Library menu, they have been installed correctly and code referencing them should compile. Other steps may be required if a different build process (e.g. avr-gcc, avrdude) is used. I originally developed these in such a setup created from the official Arduino in Eclipse documentation [http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/Eclipse].
- LedControl was taken from http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/LedControl (The version included here is an earlier release as compatibility has not yet been tested)
- LedCube extends LedControl and maps 3D positions in our specific cube model to the two-dimensional matrix, as well as providing some extra functionality.
- LedDisplay extends LedControl and provides an interface for controlling 16x16 matrix built from four 8x8 matrices with daisy-chained controllers.
Legacy: This is not used in most revised example sketches anymore.
- max7221 was my original library for controlling a matrix display which was written from near-scratch for the school project.
- cube is similar to LedCube described above, but builds on this max7221 library instead of using third-party code.
- effects implements several animations for the cube and was used in some of the game sketches.
These are arduino sketches (.pde files instead of full .c programs). Full C/C++ source code can be generated through the Arduino IDE's compile process.
- MAX7221/7219 LED display driver
- Custom LED Cube design and built by Robin
- Simple 16x16 LED matrix made from four identical sections, wired in the usual way (based on MAX7221 data sheet etc.)