Source code: https://github.com/kristiankoskimaki/vidupe
Windows exe: https://github.com/kristiankoskimaki/vidupe/releases
Vidupe is a program that can find duplicate and similar video files. Normal duplicate file software only finds identical files. Vidupe looks at the actual video content regardless of different format and compression used (digital video fingerprinting).
In order for Vidupe to work, FFmpeg (http://ffmpeg.org/) must be installed: Place ffmpeg.exe in the same folder as Vidupe.exe or in any system directory.
- Simple, easy to use graphical user interface for comparing videos.
- Supports all widely used video formats.
- Multithreaded operation, makes full use of all available CPU threads.
- Employs two powerful image comparison methods: pHash (perceptual hashing) and SSIM (structural similarity).
- Cross-platform development: source code available for compiling on Windows/Linux/macOS.
Vidupe 1.211 (released 2019-09-18) changelog:
- Fix crash when scrolling mouse wheel outside program window
Vidupe 1.21 (released 2019-09-13) changelog:
- New thumbnail mode, CutEnds, for finding videos with modified beginning or end. This is default now.
- Faster comparison
- Threads won't hang on videos timing out as long as before
- Tiny amount of videos wrongly marked as broken
Vidupe 1.2 (released 2019-05-27) changelog:
- Disk cache for screen captures, >10x faster loading once cached
- Much faster comparison. Comparison window opens faster
- Threshold modifiers for same/different video durations now work
- More accurate interpolation
- Much old C-style code rewritten
Vidupe 1.1 (released 2019-05-05) changelog:
- Partial disk cache (video metadata only)
- Faster loading of videos
- Removed delay between videos after move/delete
- Videos kept in memory if comparison window accidentally closed
- Improved zoom
Vidupe Copyright (C) 2018-2019 Kristian Koskimäki
Vidupe is a free software distributed under the GNU GPL.
Read LICENSE.txt for more information.